Donations are gratefully accepted from individuals and businesses in our community.
Funds raised through the sale of your donated items offsets Habitat for Humanity Province of Québec’s administration costs, ensuring every donated dollar is used to build homes.
Whether you’re dropping something off or taking something home, you are helping to make affordable homes a reality for local families in need of housing.
If you plan on making a donation to the ReStore there are a few points to keep in mind.
• All donations must be inspected. When you call us for a pick up or to ask about dropping off a donation, the ReStore staff will ask you questions and ask you to email us a photo of your items for donation to ascertain whether your donation will help us.
• We cannot accept every donation. Sometimes we are overstocked with certain items and do not have room for them in the store. This means that we may not be able to take your donation at that time.
• We have the right to refuse certain donations. Sometimes donated items are not in good enough condition to be resold. Sometimes they are in good condition but will not sell. We keep track of items that do and do not sell so that we have an idea of what we can accept. Therefore, the ReStore staff has the final say about whether or not we can accept your donation.
Please bring all donations to the Donation Centre at the loading dock off of St. Marguerite St. between 10am and 5pm, Monday through Friday.
All donations will be inspected upon arrival. As waste removal fees divert funds away from families who need the homes we build, dropping donations outside of store hours is prohibited.
For those unable to drop off their donations, we offer a pickup service for large items, or large quantities. Please send us an email with photos and descriptions of your donations to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your donation meets our pickup service criteria, you will receive a call from a donation team member within 72 hours to schedule a pickup. Please note that we ask for a 50$ contribution fee for the pickup.
We are not able to move items from basements or upper storeys. All items must be on the main floor, outside the home, or in the garage. All items will be inspected. The driver will make the final decision whether a donation is accepted.
The ReStore accepts donations of new and gently used home furnishings, appliances, and home building or renovation supplies. All donations are inspected. We only accept items that will sell. We currently accept the following items in clean, functioning condition;
- Large appliances, 7 years or younger
- Home Décor items
- Primer, paint, stains, or varathanes (NEW only)
- Doors and windows
- Sinks and faucets
- Kitchen and bathroom cabinets
- New flooring material, such as carpet, underlay, tiles, hardwood, and laminate
- Hardware and tools
- Building materials such as useable lumber, new drywall, insulation, etc.
- Electrical supplies
- Outdoor materials, such as patio furniture, urns and pots, patio stones
At this time, we are unable to accept:
- Stained or damaged items
- Incomplete toilets, or toilets with the tank removed
- Appliances that are not 100% functional
- Used flooring
- Used paint or toxic materials
- Used mattresses or hide-a-beds
- Clothing or bedding
- Used draperies, curtains, blinds
- Small pieces of wood or drywall
- Computers, monitors, stereo equipment or other electronics